Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I can't believe she is 14!!

Katelynn turned 14 years old today! She is growing up so fast. We had a party for her on Sunday!


This is my first fondant cake. It was fun but a lot more work than a regular cake but the end result is much better!




She did get a phone for her birthday. She was so excited! I hid her phone behind our Christmas tree and after she was all done opening presents she looked a little disappointed (cause she thought she might get a phone). So Jonathon called her phone and it started ringing. I thought she was going to knock over the Christmas tree trying to get to it. It was so funny!

5 comments:

The Wethington's said...

Katelynn and Savannah have the same birthday! How neat! Okay now I really like making cakes, but have never messed with fondant. I bought some ready made one time from Hobby Lobby and it tasted like play doh so I didn't use it. I'm gonna need you to give me a lesson in fondant cakes...when you have time :)

Bond Fam said...

Oh, the cake looks great! Good job! Thats funny, I'm sure she would have knocked over the Christmas tree if she couldn't have gotten to it fast enough!

Unknown said...

The cake looks amazing! How fun with the phone. That's a really cute idea to call it for her to find. :)

Cindy Groh said...

That's funny stuff right there.

Today's Christian Mom~ said...

the cake looks awesome! what a great idea for the phone!