Saturday, January 21, 2012

3 years ago today...

3 years ago today my sweet Kristoffer was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer. We were originally told that it was a neuroblastoma (20% survival rate). Then we got the results of the biopsy and it was determined to be a nephroblastoma which increased his chance of survival a ton. Looking back on that horrible time in our lives, I just can't believe that was our child and our family going through all that. I still worry sometimes that Heavenly Father is going to want him back sooner than I will be prepared to send him. I truly do not think of these things on a daily basis but days like today bring back a ton of memories! I am so grateful to have this little boy in our lives and even more grateful that he is healthy and gets a chance to enjoy his life. We just love this little peanut!


2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, what a miracle it has been!

Laura Bloomfield said...

It's so humbling to have seen the prayers answered as an entire community, friends, families, and strangers from across the country united in prayer in behalf of Kristoffer. Truly, God is good. We love you! :)