Friday, January 30, 2009

Chemotherapy

It is the hardest thing as a mother to sign a consent for someone to run poison into the precious body that you helped carry and take care of. It breaks my heart. At this time Kristoffer is getting an anti-nausea drip to help lessen the side effects of the drugs. After this is thru he will then start the chemo. My husband and father-in-law gave him a blessing today. He doesn't understand but the power of that blessing was a comfort to me. We will let you all know how this goes. I will also try to post a picture of him if I can figure out this computer.

2 comments:

The Wethington's said...

Oh good I was hoping they would give him the anti nausea meds. When I was pregnant with savannah they gave me phenergen and it didn't work so they gave me zofran...I think... And it worked very well. They said it worked very well with chemo patients so hopefully that is true and helps the side effects. I have somone that wants to email you so if you get a chance email me your email address to tbwet@msn.com. No rush though I know you are really busy.

melanie said...

Audrie you are so strong. My heart truly aches for you in having to make such hard decisions. The faith of so many good people will work miracles.