Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frustration

So could somebody please tell me why we have been waiting on a sample to be read by a pathologist in Chicago that Phoenix Children's hospital just sent today. They will be getting a strongly worded letter from me when this is all done. Jonathon is my rock. The plan however, since we don't want to wait another week, is to start treatment on Friday for the more aggressive type of cancer. This will be harder on Kristoffer but will make sure we get it all. I read today that this type of tumor doubles every month so waiting makes no sense to me at all. He did have a bone scan done today and hopefully that will be negative as well. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers!!!

7 comments:

Mel and Angus said...

Audrie I am so sorry that this has happened. I firmly believe that you have to take a proactive approach when dealing with your family's health. I have sometimes pushed a doctor for more info and they have changed their original plan, based on maybe not having thought of that, etc. From now on maybe you will have to ask, "just because this happened before", anytime there is a test or procedure done.

All our prayers and love go your way!

Miranda Jones Family said...

Audrie, you are a great Mom! Keep your head up and keep pushing through! You have every right to be frustrated. It sounds like you and Jonathon have made the best decisions based on what you know. Our hearts and prayers are with you, The Miranda and The Jones'family

The Wethington's said...

I can't believe this! I feel like since it is this important and on a kid this young...they should have those results the same day! I don't understand why it is taking so long. You are all so brave. I think they should a strongly worded letter as well as their board and maybe the news in Phoenix? Hang in there and good luck. I hope the treatment isn't too bad.

Ellen said...

Dear Audrie,
We are all praying for your family. This is hard. We are having such fun making Kristoffer an "I Spy" quilt. It is nearly finished. It went down to Shari's this evening to be bound. It is so cute. I know that he will love it. Love to you all. Karen and Ellen.

Bond Fam said...

Oh grrr how frustrating! I cant believe they are taking so long! Good for you though for sticking up for what you think is best!

Kori Lee said...

Audrie, I can't even imagine! We are thinking of you and your family. We love and miss you all. Paige prays for Frick-a-Fer every day that his sick-a-ness will go away. We love you!

Kori

Unknown said...

That really doesn't make sense when timing could be really important for treatment! That's messed up! I'm sorry :( They'll get their ducks in a row eventually, and we'll keep praying for you in the mean time. *Hugs*