Thursday, March 19, 2009

The aquarium

We took the boys to the aquarium after Kristoffer's treatment yesterday. They had the best time. Kristoffer loved the sting rays and Connor loved the sharks. They didn't seem to really notice the eels, which I think are gross. So last night Connor woke up 5 or 6 times crying because he was scared!! When we asked why he was scared, he said he was scared of the snakes (eels). Who would think the aquarium would cause nightmares? They are pretty freaky looking!! Kristoffer is still doing well with his treatment. He still is just playing like a normal little boy. Next week will be his tough week when his immune system goes down, so we are praying that he does not get a fever and have to take another vacation at SJRMC. Thanks to all who left comments from my last post. It helps so much to feel the support of family and friends. It makes this experience a little more tolerable!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course, this news is simply wonderful. Who knew that your biggest issue the other night would be eels? As I have said before, for this to happen, in addition to God, were the years and lives of sacrifice to find these cures. They find out new stuff every day. Sometimes, they get it right. Researchers work hard for years and forego better paying jobs, easier hours, to figure out how to beat this stuff. I am sure that you made those doctors' day when they saw how well things are going. I hope this eases your mind a bit. I do think of all of you, but particularly the mom, the nurturer, the nurse. My love to all of you. We think about you every day. Love, Jennifer and family

DSigns said...

I saw you guys leaving Primary on Sunday, and I think Kristoffer looked fantastic licking his sucker. What a happy ray of sunshine he is. It was great to see him looking so happy and good.

Courtney said...

How cute that they enjoyed the aquarium! I am so glad to hear about Kristoffer doing better. I hope things continue to go well for him, you guys are in our prayers