Monday, April 6, 2009

Back to Albuquerque

We are heading to Aluquerque again tomorrow for week 10 of Kristoffer's treatment. He will have to be admitted to the hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday for chemotherapy. It is such a bummer. He has had such a good week. He has been running around and playing with friends and cousins. I hate to put more medication in him that will make his immune system go down again. This will be his last heavy round of chemo before he has surgery, so he will get a little break to prepare for surgery. That will be our next obstacle as parents. I'm trying not to think about it too much yet. It is still about 1 month away.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He's been doing so well so far, I'm so happy to hear about all his improvements. Surgery is a scary thought, but he's a tough kiddo. We'll keep thinking of him and praying for him. You're a brave mama! and you've been doing fabulous too! *hugs*

Ellen said...

It was so nice to see krisopher Saturday at the Egg Hunt. He looked like he was having fun. Is there anything your or your family need while you are in ABQ. e-mail me at ellencanquilt@q.com if I can help.

Ellen

Today's Christian Mom~ said...

Let us know as well if you need anything while you are in ABQ. Don't think even once you would be bothering anyone either ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello.
I am a fellow KCHS graduate, I think I graduated a few years before Jonathan.
I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for your precious Kristoffer. I check your blog from time to time to see what prayer needs you all have and thought I'd pop in with a comment.
I do pray that Kristoffer's time in ABQ goes smoothly and quickly!
Blessings to each of you,
Holly (Lukow) Tipton

The Wethington's said...

Wow 10 weeks down. He's doing great. He is a strong little guy. We hope the surgery goes as smoothly as the treatment has been going. He's amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi Audrie and Jonathon, I keep hearing adds for the Proton treatment program for cancer at Mass. General in Boston. MGH is one of the Harvard teaching hospitals. Proton treatment is supposed to have less damaging side effects than radiation. It is more focused and therefore has less "splash" than radiation. There may be something like that closer to you, or, of course, you could come this way.

Love, and you are in our thoughts and prayers, Jennifer and family.