Sunday, September 27, 2009

Long week

Well it was a long week in the hospital.  We went in last Saturday and came home on Friday!  He is supposed to get chemo again on Tuesday but I don't know if his counts will be high enough!  We will find out on Monday.  He just seems so weak!  He doesn't really want to eat much.  Thank goodness for the feeding tube.  We really need to be done.  On a lighter note, Jonathon was trying to help me out and gave Connor a desperately needed haircut.  There were a few mishaps and Connor didn't help things when he got a hold of the clippers later and gave himself a trim.  Needless to say he now has very short hair.  He is so blonde, he almost looks bald.  Now I have two bald boys. He was pretty proud of himself as you can see from this picture.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I think he looks pretty cute!!

The Wethington's said...

Okay so I'm going to get a little emotional on here. I've been having really bad morning sickness for the past few weeks and everytime I'm pregnant and sick it makes me think of cancer patients. So of course I think of Kristoffer and one of Tarren's friends mothers. When you are sick for a day you can deal with it easily. It's not fun but you can. I can't imagine such a little guy going through this for months and months. He is so incredibly strong and brave. And you guys are amazing for being able to take such good care of him during it all. I'm sure you have had some hard times with it, but you always make it seem so matter of fact. Like you know what you have to do and you guys do it. So brave. I really admire you as a mommy!

Unknown said...

What is left? Just this one last chemo? You sound exhausted.

On a lighter note, don't all kids have to try to cut their own hair at least once?

(again, Richard is Jennifer)