Friday, September 4, 2009

Finally healing

Well Kristoffer is finally healing. Once we went home from the hospital, Kristoffer's pain in his stomach got a lot worse and he started draining a lot of fluid from around his feeding tube. So we took him to UNM to see the GI doctor that put the tube in. He told us that Kristoffer had developed an ulcer from the feeding tube. He was in a lot of pain. That was last week and this week he started running a fever again even though his counts are fine. So we took him to the ER again and they tested everything and decided he was fine so they sent us home. He ran the fever for one more day but seems fine now. His stomach hurt for about a week. It finally looks like it is starting to heal. He is supposed to start another week of chemo Tuesday depending on how his stomach is healing!! This will be his last 5 day round of chemo. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...sounds like it's been a rough haul. I'm glad that it's getting better and getting to be the end of it though! Hallelujah! I'm sorry I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you at the shower. I am very glad you and Maggie came, and I wish I had been able to visit with you more.

Mel and Angus said...

Such good news! Kristoffer is on my mind all the time - as are you and Jonathon. Its got to be hard but hang in there! One more round!!!!

Bond Fam said...

Ohh poor kid, that sounds so painful, but I am so glad he is doing better now!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you had to suffer through the feeding tube thing. Connie said that he was in real pain. I wonder how often this happens. I know two kids with tubes.

What happens after the last 5 day chemo? Is that it for treatment?

Nalene said...

I'm glad things are improving. Just think how strong you all will be after this ordeal! Remember you are still in our prayers!

melanie said...

So glad the end is in sight..He has been through so much..