Thursday, September 10, 2009

UNM

Kristoffer is doing really good with this round of chemo. No nausea or vomiting and only two days to go. The feeding tube looks really good and is no longer causing pain. Kristoffer also has a really big appetite which is rare. He is loving the pancakes and apple jacks. Of course the hard part comes when his immune system hits the floor and then he is just weak and won't eat. So we should be going home on Saturday as long as he doesn't have any nausea or vomiting. I am in countdown mode now. Each day I think to myself, that will be the last time you have to get that drug or do this test or whatever it is. After he recovers from this round of chemo he will get one more 2 day round which is a little easier on him. Once he recovers from that, HE IS DONE. I cannot believe this nightmare is almost over. I can't remember what a normal life feels like. I know I will probably always be holding my breath every time he gets a check-up which will be frequently at first and then every year after the first year.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Your post just brightened my day Adurie! I’m so glad that Kristoffer’s tube is doing so much better now!! The end is in sight YAY!!! : )

Jo Romero said...

I am so glad your on the count down! What a relief! For all of you! Kristofer is Amazing! What a trooper!

Unknown said...

word

Unknown said...

What a relief! I'm so glad for him and you and your entire family! It'll be so nice I'm sure to have things be nice and normal after this.

Ellen said...

Thank you for the wonderful update. It is so great to hear that things are going better. Our family hopes that Kristoffer continues to recover.

Dixie said...

Glad to hear the good news!!!