Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nervous

I am getting really nervous for our Doctor's appointment on Tuesday! The very thought of going down that road again makes me sick to my stomach. I am so thankful every day for being home with my kids and being "normal." I am looking forward to a summer of taking my kids to the park and swimming and movies and all of the normal things that we missed out on last summer. I love watching my kids play sports and being able to watch Kristoffer get up to bat with the biggest smile on his face. I am afraid that the Doctor is going to pull the rug out from under my feet. I bought tickets for the Yankees/Diamondbacks game in Phoenix with the hopes that Kristoffer's scans will be normal. I try not to live my life worrying that his scans will come back with more cancer but the closer they get the more I worry. I can feel myself become more stressed, impatient and easily annoyed as the appointment gets closer. I definitely become more hard to live with. Jonathon said that "God only gives us what we can handle and we can't handle that again right now." In my brain that makes sense but I still don't know how I handled it the first time. I just did it because I didn't have any other choices. There were days where I felt like I had been given more than I can handle! Well I guess we will just pray for the best and hope that the scans turn out good!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang on mama! You'll all be fine I'm sure. Seriously though, all the waiting and not knowing would give me an ulcer! Only two more days....only two more days....

The Wethington's said...

I'm sure you'll always feel that way when it comes to those scans. All we can do is pray and try to keep a positive outlook. It is true that God only gives us what we can handle, but it's also true that only God knows what we can handle. We never know until we are faced with the situation. God is always there to help us get through the hard times and help us celebrate the good. So in two days when you hear those scans came back clean, celebrate and know that God is watching over your family no matter what. :)

Mrs.Flack_21 said...

I hope the Scans go well. I hope you guys can have a great summer..=)

Mel and Angus said...

You sound like me. I think sometimes I could be a professional worrier. I think everything is going to fine. Easy for me to say but since I am good at worrying I have had a lot of practice of trying not to. I have learned that worrying wears you out and leaves you cranky with an ulcer. Girls like us don't have time for it. Ignore the big elephant in the room, fake a carefree attitude and you know what - that is sometimes all it takes to have a little peace of mind. Love you guys!

melanie said...

praying for the best for you guys.. I hope you are able to enjoy the baseball game. We love you...

Unknown said...

I think that the "God only gives you what you can handle" is a nice saying, but entirely untrue. What I do believe is that we are stronger than we know, and that all things teach some lesson, but not always is suffering for the better, nor does it make sense. Sometimes, we even "learn" the same lesson over and over -- some situations are always awful and always will be. A kid with cancer is always awful.

Everyone I know that has been in your situation, doing follow-up scans, dreads it. It would be lying to say that they don't worry.

I am so glad that you can savor the normal, so in that sense, there has been something good come out of it.

Peace and love to all of you.....