Thursday, June 2, 2011

My sister's keeper...

So I finally watched My Sister's Keeper against my husband's better judgement. First of all don't ever watch a tear jerker when you are trying to work out on the eliptical. It makes it very hard to breathe. The ugly cry was ever present and I did have to turn it off several times to give my heart a break. But in the end I made it through it and found it strangely comforting to see that maybe my craziness was normal, to see that sometimes death can be better than poor quality of life and to see that life can go on even when you lose a child. Don't get me wrong though, I desperately hope that I never have to face the horrible task of burying my child. On a funnier note though...Kristoffer asked why this girl was bald. I told him that she had cancer like he did. And the conversation went like this...

Kristoffer: "I didn't have cancer."
Me: "Yes you did."
Kristoffer: "No I didn't."
Me: "Look in your journal." He looked and said...
Kristoffer: "That's not me, that's Connor."
Me: "OK"

How do you argue with that logic? Not sure if he was just being a stinker or just wishing that this never happened to him. Either way, it caught me a little off guard. Our next CT scan will be next Thursday. Probably should not have watched this movie so close to more scans but we are hoping that our journey through cancer is over and we won't have to hear the word relapse...ever.

1 comments:

The Wethington's said...

Read the book, it has a different ending. Warning: It is just as sad as the movie maybe even more so. But seriously read the book.