Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Progress

So Kristoffer has had a rough week. I think we are finally making progress. His blood cultures are negative for bacteria which is great. He still has to get IV antibiotics for 8 more days. The chemo made him so sick this time. Lots of nausea and vomiting. They finally gave him a very strong dose of Zofran which seems to be working. Now the tube feeding will actually stay in his belly. We are hoping to transfer him back to our hospital so we can be closer to home! Is it terrible that I am still planning to go see family in Atlanta on Thursday? I already had my ticket and I did not think Kristoffer would still be in the hospital. I have great family helping with our kids and I really want to see my family. So that is the plan for now.

2 comments:

The Wethington's said...

No it is not terrible. You need to go. And while you are there make sure to do something for YOU! Get a pedicure....and a manicure....and a massage....and a facial....and heck a new pair of shoes. Ahhhh vacation.

Bond Fam said...

I agree you are not terrible! And don't let yourself feel guilty, you deserve a break so you can come back all refreshed and ready to take on the world again!