Monday, May 11, 2009

Kristoffer's surgery

Before Surgery:
Kristoffer was just as happy as could be before surgery. He really didn't know what he was in for.





After surgery:
Poor baby!! Kristoffer did awesome during surgery. They removed the kidney, tumor, two lymph nodes and two small spots on the liver. Kristoffer did not lose much blood and did not have to go to the ICU. They had a room reserved for him just in case but thank goodness he did not have to go. He does have a NG tube in his nose to keep him from throwing up. It is driving him crazy. He has an epidural which is wonderful. He really hasn't had much pain at all. He does have a large (6 inch) incision from his sternum to below his belly button. One of the first things he said after surgery is "I want a coke."



6 comments:

The Wethington's said...

Oh poor lil guy looks so little and helpless. I'm so glad he did well. Hopefully it's all downhill from here!

Bond Fam said...

Ohh poor guy, that is not fun to have to go something like that! I am so glad that he is doing good though, and I hope he heals very very fast!

Mel and Angus said...

It breaks my heart to see him all hooked up to tubes. I am grateful that all has gone well. Kristoffer is going to be alright though. Anyone who has gone through what he has and wants a coke afterward is a real trooper!

Unknown said...

I am glad that things went well, but it can't be easy. Thanks for posting the photos and keeping us up to date. It must be hard for all of you to watch this. I am glad that he only had to have one incision, and that he is not in ICU. Not easy to see your kid hooked up to monitors and tubes. I hope you all sleep well tonight.

Unknown said...

BTW, it is great to see all the love in the photos that you all took with him before surgery. It is right there, loud and clear.

Courtney said...

Audrie, I am so glad that he is doing well. It is so sad to see him like that. I hope he heals and recovers quickly.