Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Radiation stinks!!

Just a little update on Kristoffer. We are back at UNM today. He had his first round of radiation today. It was a little harder than we had anticipated. He was very intimidated by the whole thing. He was scared to lay on the table. Then he got really sick for about the next 4 hours. He threw up 5 times and took 2 naps. Poor baby. After radiation they admitted him to the hospital for chemo. The doctor took pity on him and gave him some Zofran (the magic anti-nausea drug). He has been fine ever since! He gets Zofran before each chemo treatment and now they will give it before each radiation treatment so that this won't be a miserable experience. We love Zofran.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh man that is awful! You take care of yourself and that little guy!

Love Vanessa

sonja said...

we are thinking about you guys, hang in there.

The Wethington's said...

Well that is just not good at all. I do agree with the zofran thing though. They gave me that when I was pregnant with Savannah and it worked very well for me...the insurance company was a bit hard to deal with but worth it. I hope it really helps him. I can't imagine how hard it is on his little body. We will be praying for him. Thank goodness this is not 6 weeks right?!?

Mel and Angus said...

I am so sorry. Thank goodness for Zofran. I wish that Kristoffer and your family weren't going through this. Keep your chin up!

Unknown said...

My mom said that radiation was harder than chemo. So did her doctor. I am sorry that you all have to go through this, but I am glad that there is an effective anit-nausea drug.

BTW, we are coming in August.

Courtney said...

Poor guy, thank goodness for the Zofran.

Maggie said...

hi mom hows life in the hospital

Bond Fam said...

Ok poor little guy, Im so glad that they can give him something so that doesn't happen everytime.